4/09/2011

NMAP


Nmap is a great tool for scanning networks, specific ips, finding out which ports are open etc. Its available for Windows and Linux. Its pre installed on Backtrack. Its an awesome tool to have.






I'm scanning my home network now, 192.168.0.0/24. There are about 8 laptops in the house. Let's see who's online. Lets do a ping scan
 

nmap -sP 192.168.0.1/24

 There you go, 4 guys online, most of them must be watching IPL I guess. Anyways, you can also see their MAC Addresses , the rogers network and the company for which their Network Interface Card (NIC) is registered. Now lets see what OS my friend 192.168.0.18 is using


nmap -O 192.168.0.18


He's using Win 7. You can see all the open ports also. But they are not well known ports (0-1024)


Now let me do an aggressive scan on 0.20
Guess what, its my landlord's computer!!! LOL!! I got it from the smb-os discovery WORKGROUP\LEGALWILLS. 
A lot of info there as you can see. Its Xp, port 139 and 445 are open.
XP is pretty easy to hack. I'll try and hack her system in the near future. I will post it here if I am successful.
There you go, its that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment